Today is Thanksgiving. Paul is working today, all day, and so we won't be celebrating until tomorrow. Two other friends and their families will be joining us too. I am making the turkey (gasp!) and a few other things, and I am actually looking forward to it. We'll see how everything turns out. 6 adults and 10 kids, sounds like a par-tay! This year we are thankful for:
Paul (needs to fill these in later, but I assume he is thankful mostly for family, and probably not very thankful for things having to do with his residency, other than the fact that he has a job, that's something to be thankful for)
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
Jessie
1. Paul and his hard work and dedication, even in the hardest times.
2. The big kids and their growth and health and sense of wonder.
3. Solace and his amazing ability to bring a sense of completion to our family.
4. Living in Texas although we don't yet know the reason why we're here, we feel have been brought here on purpose.
5. Laughter, life is full of craziness, might as well enjoy it, right?
Matix
1. Having a huge turkey
2. Making a silly turkey face (??)
3. Having grapes for Thanksgiving
4. Having lots of people over for Thanksgiving tomorrow
5. Our sweet mommy being good to us (he really said this, I almost cried)
Hawken
1. Having my birthday party
2. Going shopping with mom and buying new presents (you can tell what he is focused on...)
3. Drinking juice with daddy
4. Playing with mommy
5. Taking pictures of Solace
Lullaby
1. playing with mommy
2. playing outside
3. singing songs
4. "dis baby, baby Solit" (This baby, baby Solace)
5. "I wan new baby dolls me, pease?" (I want new baby dolls for me please) - she lost interest in listing things she is thankful for...
Solace (according to Matix and Hawk)
1. I think he's thankful for Thanksgiving
2. He's thankful for mommy's milk (He's going to love this when he's older, right?)
3. His paci
4. Balls
5. Lullaby
Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends and family near and far. We hope you enjoy it and count the many blessings in each of your lives. We love you all.
3 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I am thankful for all my sweet grand babies and their mommies and daddies! Love you all.
Happy Thanksgiving!
We miss all of you and send our love!
I am so happy for family and the gospel in my life!!
We had a lovely party with extended family - Grandma Evie, Jolie and her family, Carl, Pandora, Brody, Louie's nieces and their families...it was so nice. Everything we ate was from our own bountiful harvest (except not the turkey this year.) The kids played so nicely, and then games for us later. So fun. The only thing that would have made it perfect would have been if you and your family could have been here too. Miss you. Have fun today.
Post a Comment