Wednesday, November 20, 2013

hike

Dale and Vanessa live far enough north of Houston that there are lots of trees and hiking trails and things like that. We went with them on a short hike (and all the kiddies of course and the pups) in the evening. It was an easy trail and everyone had fun, although Dale's kids are used to marching along quickly, and ours are more wanderers... It was a good time even still.  The pictures tell the story all on there own, enjoy. :)

Sweet baby Solace peeking at me. 

Such pretty little seeds/berries, right? I'm not sure what they were but Dale knew.

Reading the signs.

Throwing sticks and rocks and dirt into the pond.  The kids were hoping it would scare up some crocodiles, I was hoping it wouldn't.  It didn't.

The daddies and their babies. Love it.

Vanessa walking Kina walking Jasper. So funny.

Look, I made it in a picture! See I do still exist.
We hiked until it was dark, then went out to eat and home.  We would have made it home for dinner, but Solace started complaining and then the others joined in.  Poor starving children. So we fed them and everyone was happy, except Kina, who still had to wait for her dinner. :)

4 comments:

Grandma said...

What a fun day! It is so nice that the kids are getting to know and enjoy their cousins. looks like a nice place to hike.

Mom said...

I love the picture of the Daddies with their babies too!

Mindy said...

I love that Lullaby is wearing a spiderman hoodie!

Stacy said...

Looks like a fun adventure.