Paul was scheduled to work on his birthday, so we celebrated a few days early. We made his favorite, brownies, and tacos for dinner as per his request. The kids had a great idea about putting designs on the top of the brownies, using cookie cutters and powdered sugar, it turned out interestingly, but they were happy with it.
The kids (and I) made him a photo book, and he got lots of cards and a package from our families. He opened all his gifts and cards and loved them all. Matix was the photographer part of the evening.
The next day (still before his actual b-day) he got a package from my sister Robin. She also sent gifts for all of us too! Yay! The boys stole this shirt after Paul posed with it, and haven't let Paul wear it because they think it's too cool.
Then a couple days later, on his actual birthday, they decided to give him a half day off, which was nice, but I had already planned to throw a baby shower for a friend. So I didn't get to hang out with him on his half day, but at least he got to spend some time with the kids. Then yesterday, I FINALLY got around to baking him this tasty treat, pumpkin dream cake. Recipe here. It is REALLY good. Thick, and sweet, and oh so good. We each ate way too much last night.
Thirty-one looks good on you hubby. I feel so lucky to have known and loved you the last 9 birthdays of yours. You continue to surprise and impress me, by just being yourself. You are amazing. Happy birthday, to my favorite person. Ever.











2 comments:
That cake looks delicious! And you're right, 31 looks good on him!
Happy birthday to you too Paul. You are my favorite middle child! Love you, love you, love you!
Post a Comment