We are zoned for Matix to attend an okay school. Not the best, not the worst. I will be alright with it if he has to go there, but there are a ton of other better schools, magnet schools, that he could get into. I applied to the maximum number of magnet schools allowed and now we wait. They do their lottery next month. I turned in the additional paperwork they needed at one of the schools that he may be attending next year. He asked me to take his picture on the bench in from of his kindergarten and then gave me this semi-sour face... I asked why he was making that face, and he said "That's what kindergarteners look like." Obviously.
Then on the way to the car, he picked me some flowers. He does this a lot, and I always love it. I hope he'll still do it when he is a big kindergartener! :)
I can't believe I only have one more year with him all to myself before I send him off into the world. All day long he will be with someone else. Picking them flowers and asking them a million questions. They will get to watch him learn and grow and make new friends. I got sad thinking about this on our drive home and almost cried. What will I do when he actually goes?!

5 comments:
I am feeling the same way, as I am searching for a good school for Tanner for Kindergarten. How are our boys so big already!??
You could always choose to homeschool and then you could still have him with you all the time. There are so many options out there, and it's totally doable - especially for an awesome mom like you!
Well, I'm guessing you will still be quite busy with the other three. However, that sweet innocense is lost when children go out into the world - but that's life - so don't think about it. :( By the way, those flowers are beautiful. :)
You will cry all the way home (I did), and then you will realize it has its perks too.
i am crying my eyes out right now-- i cant even stand the thought of our babies heading out-- but know its important too== at least thats what I tell myself as I loose my mind ;)
Post a Comment