Thursday, November 14, 2013

mini apple pie

I have been making LOTS of baked goods lately. Mostly for the kids, but sometimes for the neighbors or the people at Paul's work or for Paul and myself. One of the most fun things the kids and I made together were mini apple pies. Think regular apple pie, only tiny.  The kids loved rolling the dough. They used their (washed) play-doh rollers.

Then we used a small bowl to cut a circle in the dough and put it in the muffin tin  to fill with all the apple pie deliciousness. Then little stripes on the top "to make it fancy" according to Matix.  Cinnamon sugar on the top and voila!

It was late when we started, so they didn't get to eat them that night. They had to wait until the next day. We had scrambled eggs with cheese, blackberries, and apple pie for breakfast. Yum! :)

6 comments:

Marie said...

How fun! And they look delicious!

Michigan Roys said...

What a great idea - to use the muffin tin! I think I'll have to do this with my kids. You'd think I would have thought of this one - but oh well! Thanks for sharing.

Mom said...

Delish!

Grandma said...

The kids love to cook. You are so good with them.

Stacy said...

Wow! What more can I say?

Kovac Family said...

So fun!!