Tuesday, September 2, 2014

skate park

We took the kids for a (very quick) skate park trip before heading to a birthday party a couple weekends ago. The boys loved it, and I had fun trying out my new amazing zoom lens. My regualr lens broke, and I thought this would be a good replacement. It turns out that zoom lenses are ONLY good for far away things like this, so my everyday pictures remain to be taken with my phone until I get another lens. But anyway, the zoom lens was amazing for this. The kids were SUPER far from me, but I could see everything, like I would know if they needed a tissue. That's how good the lens is. Yes please! I'll be that crazy mom on the sidelines taking "action shots" of the kiddies when they get into sports, whether they like it or not. :)
We'll have to go there again when we have more time. There are lots of fun things for the kids to try out. Plus we found out about the new park up in Spring. It's the nations biggest skate park, and the second biggest in the world. What? In Spring Texas, of all places?! Strange.  But since Dale and Vanessa live up there, now we have another excuse to invite ourselves over. :) Ready or not, here we come!

2 comments:

Mom said...

It looks fantastic!

Stacy said...

I love the pic of Hawken carrying his board. Too cute. I loved going to the skateparks with Paul and watching him skate.