Friday, September 12, 2014

the artist at work

Matix has now taken several art classes and has told us all about how he is an ARTIST! He is loving art class. It's his favorite thing to do at school. One day, he came home and told us all that we were drawing people the wrong way. Stick figures are not allowed in our house anymore. Here he is demonstrating. He first drew a stick figure and explained why it was no good. "A person with a big head and a stick body wouldn't be good, because their head would be so heavy they couldn't hold it up. They would walk around looking down at the ground all day, and that doesn't make a very nice drawing."

And he drew what I would look like if I were upside down. Clever boy, that Matix...

Hawken wanted in on the coloring action too. He added a little bit of the non-stick figure style, but then told Matix, "I'm not in art class, so I can draw my pictures how I like." So funny!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Lots more details than before! I am sure Grampa Chuck (the REAL artist and art teacher) will enjoy this post. I love how Matix is soaking up all the things the teachers are saying!

Stacy said...

Good job Matix. He has lots of artistic ability in the genepool! I can just hear Hawkin making that comment to Matix.