Monday, September 15, 2014

Spring skate park

We went to Spring to try out the new skatepark there. It is the largest in the nation, and second largest in the world. It was MASSIVE. Tons of area, lots of things to do tricks on, the boys were in heaven. I tried out my new zoom lens, which was perfect for that, because the kids didn't stay close. The grainier pictures are from my phone. They had to sign waivers and wear helmets, which was interesting, but cute watching them sign their names.  And off they went!  They usually try things out sitting on their boards first, and then stand up when they're comfortable. They are getting really good.

There was a park there too, so while Paul and the big boys were skating, Lullaby and Solace and I played. It was an okay play area. I wish they would have had a world class playground to go with their world class skatepark, but no. It was just mediocre.

By the time we left, everyone, especially Matix and Hawken, was dripping with sweat. I love these little skater boys of mine.
It was too long of a drive for just the skate park, so next we'll just go to the one closer. But the kids all had fun, and Paul loved watching his boys learning to skate. They so idealize their dad, and I like that he can see it sometimes. :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

My favorites were the father-son skateboarding picture, and the last one of sweaty Matix and Hawken arm-in-arm with their boards! I'm stealing that one.

Stacy said...

I can't tell you how much I love seeing these boys doing what their Daddy loved as a boy. Dejavu! :) They are too cute!