Monday, September 1, 2014

Y pool

We finally got a membership to the YMCA. It's been a long time coming, and we LOVE it. Having access to the pool has been the highlight for the kids. We go there on days I'm not even taking a class, just for fun. There is a baby pool, a rec pool (with a slide and other fun things), and a lap pool. The rec pool is closed on weekdays, now that school has started, but the others are still open all the time. 

This is where I made the new blog header from. So cute. I love these kiddies of mine. :)

Getting their hair wet, to make a funny picture. Love it.

Matix has been practicing swimming  underwater lately, without his floatie, and he's getting pretty good. I think next summer, if he hasn't figured it out on his own, we'll do swim lessons.

3 comments:

Mom said...

How nice that you got a YMCA membership!! Jolie and I just took Bradley and Alexandra to one of the nice Milwaukee community pool/waterparks yesterday. Ali is also very adept at swimming underwater, and I explained to her that all she really needs to do is figure out a way to come up for a breath of air once in awhile, and then keep going. Seems like that was all she needed, and she really took off!

Josh and Kelly said...

So happy for you guys, I can't say enough good things about the YMCA! We love it! And way to go Matix! Doing swim lessons at least once was helpful I think if nothing else because then I could see what kind of things they were working on and so this summer I haven't felt the need to put them in lessons I have just been working with them on my own. But once they get to that point it is a lot easier, and more fun too!

Stacy said...

Looks like another fun place to hang out at on a hot summer day. I love the wave in Matix's hair. I can't believe how well Matix is doing with his swimming. Way to go, great job Matix man! :) Grandma is so proud of you.