Half way through our Utah trip we went back up to Wyoming for the Berg reunion. Here we are on our way. Our boys are turning into pro travelers.
This is Paul's dad's side of the family. Here is the group shot Ryan took right before we left, and as big as this group looks, it was still missing 18 people!! Can you believe it?
The boys were in heaven with so many cousins to play with. Too much fun. Hawken still thanks Heavenly Father every night for "fun in cunins" (fun with cousins) in his prayers. Adorable.
The cabins we stayed in were very rustic and each family had their own. Dale and Della were the only ones with a fancy cabin, everyone was jealous. :) In front of the main lodge/kitchen area was this playground. The kids loved being out there, especially when Paul was pushing the swings.
Check out my rugged hubby. Chopping wood for the fire that night. So handsome.
Shortly after we got there I coughed really hard (I had allergies in Wisconsin that turned into a sinus and then ear infection) and dislocated a rib. Not very fun. I was sentenced to bed after getting upgraded to the fancy cabin (thankfully). Stacey (Paul's aunt) is a nurse and she had stuff to wrap me up in. So I got all wrapped up and went to bed... Paul would bring me food, but I didn't really do much else. I missed out on everything and was only updated at night when I would walk to the lodge, see everyone's pictures and they would tell me the stories. This is how I spent the 3 days.
There was a pond nearby and everyone went out in the boats and went fishing. Matix loved being in the boat and was very serious about his "job" with the oar.
Paul and Morgan had fun together too, as usual. Taking pictures from underwater looking up at themselves, and of the fish they were about to catch... Silly boys.
This was me asking for my picture to be taken with Lee (Paul's dad) to prove I was really on this vacation! :) Thanks Lee for being in a picture, we all know how much you love it!
Good old cookie face races. Not very many people wanted to try it out, but those who did had fun. :)
3 comments:
I didn't know about your rib or your ear infection! Hank ended up with it and so do I now have it! Too bad it messed up your reunion! Looks like a really beautiful place. What town was it in or near? I have a good friend in Wyoming.
What a run reunion! The scenery looks beautiful. It's sad you had to miss most of it. I hope you are feeling better by now. Your whole vacation has looked like so much fun (although I'm sure a lot of time in the car).
That sounds so painful! You must have quite the power in those lungs!!
Post a Comment