Paul:
Well... Paul did not have his surgery today (read previous post) as scheduled. I guess it was scheduled at the wrong facility and was going to cost WAYYYYY too much there, so he switched it. He still spent the morning with us which was very nice, and I am still looking forward to taking care of him whenever his surgery does happen, hopefully sooner rather than later. Then this afternoon he offered to watch the boys so I could go to my doctor appointment alone, so sweet. I have the best hubby ever, I really do. He is currently writing a paper on a cyanotic infant...? I don't know what that is either, but he is writing a paper on it.
Jessie:
I switched doctors today after a not so pleasant experience yesterday. I had never had a problem with him before, so I won't go into details or write his name or anything, but yesterday was awful. I cried. Anyway, my new doctor(s) - there is a whole team working at this practice - are WONDERFUL. I love them so much already. They did a ton of lab work and ultra sounds and spent a lot of time with me. The nurses and other staff were super friendly too and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I got home to smell freshly baked (from scratch) cookies that the boys had made with Paul, and I fell more in love with the 3 of them. :)
Matix:
What do I say about Matix... He is anxiously awaiting his dinosaur (per request) birthday party. We are going to have it early so the new baby won't accidentally crash the party. :) He is really into longer stories for bedtime, like Rapunzel (the real version, not Disney), The Giving Tree, and Where The Wild Things Are. He knows them all by heart and will recite them without the book randomly in his play. He is very into feelings and will tell us when he is sad or upset, or when he thinks someone else is and why... :) He can also undress himself now and can put on some of his clothes (if they are oriented the right way first). Sometimes he tries out new things, like this... I love this kid!
Hawken:
Oh my silly little man. He is turning into such a ham. "Watch me mommy! See dat?!" is his all time favorite thing to say. He is a GOOD eater despite being so little. He is all muscle and loves to wrestle with Matix, or anyone else who will let him. He is in the "NO! I do it myself" phase, which is hard since he is so small and often can't really do what he thinks he can. Hawken is also potty training. I know, I am a crazy person for letting this 20 month old attempt this, but I am really only following his lead. During our trip he would cry and cry when he would ask to use the toilet and we would tell him "just go in your diapers" It just wasn't feasible to stop every 5 minutes on a 7,000+ mile road trip. He is doing great and loves wearing big boy underpants like Matix, but he is still in diapers at night. Look at this face!
Baby girl:
No name yet. Paul gets to name her though and he does have a list. She kicks ALL THE TIME, to the point I sometimes can't fall asleep, but I am loving it all. I smile with each hiccup, and squirm, and kick. She is still growing right on cue and her due date hasn't changed. Matix talks about "his baby" coming and what he will do with her. He plans on holding her and giving her kisses if she's sad, to which Hawken pipes up and says, "No me! I kiss my baby by myself!" Of course. She is so very loved already. Paul and I are eagerly awaiting her debut.
3 comments:
When is Matix's birthday party? I need to get his gift in the mail!!
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, I can imagine how awful that could be. And I can't wait to hear what Paul names her! You are a good wifey to relinquish that!
I'm totally intrigued now about what your old doctor did, anyways hope you like your new one for the final stretch.
Post a Comment