Paul started his second week of rotations and although we are happy he is moving onto this part of his medical school training, we are all missing all the Paul/daddy time we had been getting. :( These little guys especially are not liking the lack of daddy.

Paul is having a great time and is learning a lot. BUT, tomorrow, he is having surgery on his ear (he's getting a tympanoplasty because he basically has no hearing in one ear, again), which means we get LOTS of Paul/daddy time!! Hooray hooray!!! The surgery is pretty minor, but he will be taking an entire day off to wait for the surgery and then afterward to recover. I can hardly wait. But even though it's just a little surgery, it's still surgery, so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. :)
5 comments:
it's sad when we are excited about surgery! we will pray and good luck!
What exactly is tympanoplasty? Is it dangerous? We love you, Paul, and we are sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.
Glad to hear Paul is liking rotations. I know what you mean about the lack of daddy time, I am not looking forward to that! We will be thinking of Paul, I am sure everything will go just fine.
Good luck Paul. We send our love and prayers!!
Praying all goes well with Paul's surgery! It is funny that he has to have surgery to get a day off...I totally know what that feels like. A baby bought me 4 weeks off, but us med students will take breaks any way we can get 'em, right? :)
Post a Comment