Saturday, March 26, 2011

1 and 1/2 days

Grandma left yesterday morning... and although these were the boys' reactions to her going on an airplane without them (partly upset that grandma was leaving, partly upset that they didn't have a turn riding on a super fun plane too):
They still had a couple of fun days. They cried while leaving the airport, but quickly stopped after we talked about it. I love that they can understand some simple reasoning now. We went for a special treat, and then home for lunch with Daddy, and to a playground after naps. The boys didn't ask for her at bedtime (which was surprising because they LOVE Grandma kisses and extra kisses and MORE extra kisses at night), but this morning that was the first question...
"Where a gumma go?" -Matix
"Mah-muh? Go? Go?" -Hawken

These boys are Grandma lovers but took it all in stride. We skyped with her later in the day, and they seemed just fine with that, although I am sure she (and they) would have preferred a real kiss than the one they gave each other via computer screen. :) Then after naps we went to the library and got a couple of books. One is about families and has a picture of a Grandma and Grandpa in it. Both boys were excited about that.

So, they made it. 1 and 1/2 days without their other mommy. :) I really miss having extended family around now. It was so nice that basically since we moved here we have had family here with us. So thanks to Stacy and my mom and Louie and Lee and Colleen for being here, even if only for a little while. Now... who wants to come NEXT?! :) My friend Laurel will be here tomorrow on a quick vaca until Wednesday, but after that we are free! :)

5 comments:

Mom said...

I'm on my way! (Just kidding. Wish I could, though!)

Josh and Kelly said...

Oh, those are the saddest pictures ever!

Tracy Cochran said...

oh me next please! If only I had extra money to come visit. We are over nighting in Miami on our way back home and I keep trying to see if there is a way to come see you, but can't figure one out.

The Fredericks said...

ooooooohhhhh I am sad for everyone! poop! I'm happy that they made it though- I bet she cried harder. when are we playing by the way? it better be soon if you are feeling better! xo

Michelle said...

Me....PICK ME!!! I want to come visit!