Friday, March 18, 2011

weird day at the pool

We had an interesting day at the pool... It started out perfectly normal. Bright day, slight breeze, and 2 little boys full of energy needing some (more) outside time. This time I even went, and I am glad I did.

While doing some of the usual activities... Hoarding a ball.

And lounging in the chairs next to mommy...

(This is when it got interesting) A neighbor got to talking about children and their natural interest and curiosity in animals. She left and came back a while later with this:
This is a baby anaconda... WHAT?! Yes, this is her pet. She had just eaten a rat and had a large bump in her. Yuck. Hawken was only medium interested and preferred to play with his ball, but Matix got brave and HELD IT!! The lady was very attentive and took her off of Matix when she started to look hungry again...
This was a very weird afternoon, to say the least. I still don't know what I think about this little adventure.

5 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

Wow!!!! What a brave little boy- and mom!

Star said...

Matix is much braver than me! I am so afraid of snakes! Just seeing the pictures gave me the willies! :)
Looks like a fun day at the pool!

Mom said...

Oooh! I don't know if I could have done that! Brave of you and brave of Matix.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you even got your camera out. I would have been stuck on trying to decide "yes or no" to this!!!
Ladonna

Lacey said...

WHAT?! That is really weird! I have to say, you have one brave little boy!!!! That thing is freaky!! My brother in law had an anaconda for a pet a while back and those things are huuuuge!