Friday, April 29, 2011

Doctor visit and update

Sooooooo... I went to the doctor today. It was a special doctor that does a lot with cysts and high risk pregnancies and such. I was there to determine whether or not Paul and I would be able to have any more children after this, and whether or not I would need to have my uterus and ovaries removed after this child was born, etc. Well, here's the info: The cyst is completely gone and the bleeding has stopped, the baby is healthy and VERY active, I will NOT need to have anything removed after the baby is born, and there is NO risk of a reoccurrence of having this type of cyst again! It was all good news. Hooray!! Thanks to all the prayers and well wishes for my health and the baby's health. They worked.

Then the doctor asked if I was interested in knowing the sex of the baby. Hmmm... I had mixed feelings on this until I learned that I would be able to have another one, and maybe that next one could be the surprise. Paul wasn't there to help me decide, so I asked if she could take a picture and put it in an envelope so I could bring it home. While she was taking the pictures on the ultrasound, I asked if she was SURE about the sex. A few of our friends got a maybe or a 75% chance it's a _____. But the doctor reassured me that she could DEFINITELY tell what it was, 100%. She kept emphasizing that, and how active the baby was. The doctor printed out a sheet of pictures and put them in a huge envelope.

When I got home I told Paul about our great visit. He was just as excited to see what the baby is too... Especially since I was the one who wanted it to be a surprise in the first place. So much for that. :)

We tried to figure out a fun way to open the envelope, but in the end we were much to excited, and set up the camera to film our reactions. Paul wanted the baby to be a girl, but was wavering back and forth on what it would be... and I thought the baby would be a girl, although I mostly just wanted it to be healthy. Watch for yourself and find out!
We are SO excited and eager to welcome another baby into our family.

25 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Horray!!! SO, SO, SO excited for you guys! Love the idea of making a video and finding out the sex together, and I'm so glad to hear that you and baby are healthy :)

Kovac Family said...

That is SWEET! Congrats you guys!

Katie Price said...

What a great way to tell everyone what you are having! Congratulations!! and I am so glad to hear that you are so healthy. our bible study has been praying for you, and I'll let the other girls know :)

Norm and Cassi Beatty said...

Oh my word Jessie this must be the cutest thing Ive seen in a while! So excited for you guys. Great things happening to great people!

Ibarra Family said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you and your family. You need a girl, you are so outnumbered with your three boys!

Ray, Star, Tanner, and Connor said...

Yay! A girl! So excited & (as Ray would say, thanks to Paul) So Stoked Dudes!
Anyway... congrats!

Tracy Cochran said...

So Awesome!!!! I love it! I was hoping you would get a girl this time! Now you won't be so out numbered. I had a feeling it was a girl, that was my guess. I'm so happy everything is going well with the pregnancy and that you get to keep having cute little Berg babies!!!!!

Jessica said...

Oh Jessie that is so wonderful! The news of a healthy, active baby, the cyst gone, everything! I am so excited for you guys and that you'll be welcoming a little girl soon :)

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

Yay! I am glad you are healthy, the baby is healthy, and everything is good again! Congrats on having a girl...I am sure your boys will be so sweet with her.

Josh and Kelly said...

Hooray!!!!!!! You will LOVE having a girl, and I think your boys will too :) And I'm so glad for the possibility of even more little Bergs :)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news, all of it!!!
So glad Jessie and baby are fine and you do not have to expect problems again. What a fun way to find out that you are going to have that little girl. We are both so happy for you. The boys will love her.
We love all of you so very much. We can hardly wait to see you this summmer.

Holly said...

YaY!!! 1~you get to have more Berg babies and 2. a girl !!! I am crying and sooo happy for you!!! I love you and cant wait to see you!

pretty ash said...

wahoo!!!!!!! that is the most fantastc video!!! thanks so much for sharing, i'm crazy excited for your wonderful family.

miss you heaps!!! love you!!
-ash
ps. yes, you can call her ashley :)

Melissa said...

Yeah!!! So Vivi and Baby Berg will be best friends :) Sooo excited for you two - I mean five now.

Natalynn and Paul said...

Congratulations on the baby girl!!! I am so excited for you. Girls are SO much fun! Also, video taping yourselves finding out the gender is just about the cutest idea ever!

Michigan Roys said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you guys! I'm so happy that you were able to have such a happy report from the doctor - both about Jessie and the Baby!

Jamie said...

Hooray!!! You're really going to love having a girl! Boys are great but I promise girls are too!! Matix and Hawkin will love her! YAY!

Mom said...

I'm SOOOO excited I'm crying! I was pretty sure it was a girl, but now we're sure. As soon as I post this comment, I'm going SHOPPING!!! I am also so relieved about the other DR news about the cyst, uterus, ovaries, future pregnancies, etc. What a relief!

Leslie Barnum said...

Yeah for the girl! You'll be just like us two boys and a girl, love it.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I told you so!!! I was the first to say it was a girl and I was right. I am now sitting typing this with tears of happiness roll down my face. AHHHHH!!!! I'm going to be an aunt again! YES!

Love, Colleen

The Miller Family said...

I love the video and we are so happy for your new addition. A little Girl :) your boys are so sweet I can't imagine what your little girl will be like, even sweeter? I am also glad that everything went good with the doctors appointment and you have the ok to have more children. You guys are natural parents :)

Michelle said...

This is incredible news. Every single bit of it. I love that you are back to being 100% healthy and that all of that is good. I LOVE that you are having a baby girl, but mostly that you are having another beautiful baby! I can't wait to meet her.

I miss you tons!!

Congrats...times a million!!

Also, I love this video...such a great idea. I have missed seeing you and Paul together! His commentary was awesome!! :)

paigeandbryce said...

What great news! And what a relief! Congrats on the baby girl!!
We find out tomorrow what we're having...

Amy said...

Congratulations! Girls are so much fun to shop for!

Heather Inns said...

Congrats, that's very exciting.