Friday, April 15, 2011

Friends

That night after the boys went down to sleep, Paul was so sweet to stay home with them while Laurel and I went to check out her amazing hotel. She stayed at the Grand Beach Hotel on Collins Ave. and boy oh boy was it GRAND! After checking out her (bigger than our entire apartment) room, we wandered around the rest of the hotel. There was a tranquility pool on the roof of one of the floors, a workout room, and this amazing reading room. This was by far my favorite, and so random.
Then we walked out to the beach and had a good talk. I really miss that about not living near Laurel, she is so easy to talk to. I can really tell her anything and everything without fear of judgement. She is a sex therapist now and doing a counseling internship-type job with sex offenders. Sounds crazy to me, but she is perfect for it. Laurel, you really should just move here. I miss our all night talks and reminiscing about our interesting (to say the least) past... :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I miss her too, for you! She is such a special friend. I'm glad you're keeping in touch.

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

That hotel looks awesome--how luxurious! That is great that you got to spend some "girl time" with your friend. :)