Friday, April 15, 2011

U of M campus

On Laurel's first day here, we went over to the University of Miami's campus. It is SO SO SO beautiful there. Green in every direction, perfectly manicured, and pretty empty on Sundays, so it's perfect for our noisy boys. :) Matix took to Laurel right away and showed her all the cool things there. These pink flowers that fall from the trees were a favorite.

Paul and I even got in a picture together. Thanks Laurel, I think (sadly) this is the first picture of the just the 2 of us in a few months... Weird. :)

Right before we left we had to go on a ride in the coveted "alligator" (elevator). While on the ride, Matix pushed the emergency button, and when we tried to explain that it was just a mistake, the people over the speakers sounded very concerned and said something about dispatching people... ??! So, we got out of there. Looking guilty.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Brings back memories of you and Jolie playing in/on hotel elevators and escalators. Your favorite thing to do was press all the buttons and then jump out! Naughty!

I also remember one time you were about three, and we were in an elevator at a busy hotel. You jumped out of a very crowded elevator by wriggling between the legs of a bunch of people. The door shut before I could catch you! I got off on the next floor in a panic and ran all the way down the stairs, frantic that you might have disappeared! You were right there by the elevator door playing in the sand in the ash tray. (Ugh!) But thank God you were not hurt or gone!!!!! Naughty!