The Primary at our church had a huge party for the kids on Saturday. I am the Sunbeam (3 year olds) teacher, so I was expected to be there, but I wouldn't have missed it anyway. :) It was SO much fun, pretty chaotic, but fun. First the kids listened to a little lesson on the real reason we celebrate Easter.
Matix helped lay the palm branches, like they did for Jesus.
After the lesson, the egg hunt began! Our church has a small courtyard that is completely enclosed with the classrooms and chapel surrounding it. The boys had already had some practice with hunting, so they did great. There were lots of big kids running around, and I thought they would only get 1 or 2, but they both found WAY more than that.
After watching them stuff themselves silly with all their loot, I thought maybe it would have been better for them to have only found a couple eggs... :) Oh well.
After that we got our faces painted (I couldn't get a good picture of that though) and dyed some eggs. Matix made all of his blue, but then told me his favorite color is "orange and ye-yow like daddy". Hawken, preferred a much more hands-on method and had a green hand all day. :)
After that, we had a picnic lunch with friends, then we went home and all enjoyed an extra long nap. :)
5 comments:
SO FUN!!! Glad you guys has so much easter fun!
Your church courtyard is so picturesque! How lovely a day!
They are growing up so fast Jessie! And I bet you are the world's greatest sunbeam teacher!!
Hey! Cute new header! I'd love a copy of that pic!
So cute and so fun! Our church is like that too! How ironic! Looks like the boys had so much fun!
Post a Comment