Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter activity #1

Happy Easter! We have been busy busy busy with many Easter-y activities these past few days. I can't post about them all right now, because I am tired and I want to spend some time with the hubby. :) So, I will start with our first Easter adventure...

The Seaquarium had a great day planned for Easter. They called it the "bunny palooza". We talked about going there all day and when it was finally time, the boys were SUPER excited. They picked out their own outfits, hats included, and dolphin accessories too.

We met up with some friends, Andrew and Megan. Andrew is in between Hawken and Matix in age and is in Matix's nursery class at church. When we arrived we saw this, TONS of festivities ready for us to play on! Once you were in the door most everything there was free, and since we had our season pass, it was just the right price. :)

There were rides (swings, a small ferris wheel, slides), egg hunt areas, activities, you name it. It was crazy! There were also a ton of people there, but not too busy or chaotic. We had a fun time. Bounce houses were first. There was this little toddler sized one, perfect.

Then it was off to the "little kids egg hunt", they had a special one for kids under 5. I thought that was nice. The boys waited semi-patiently while watching the eggs be dispersed.

Then they opened the gates and all the kids (and parents) in the line ran in and went to town. The boys both understood the concept and did a great job of collecting eggs.

They got so many eggs, that they each got a prize! Hooray! In their prize bags they got a little stuffed baby manatee to match with the dolphins they already have. They were SO excited. They also got candy and loved that almost as much. :)

They also got their first tattoos. First Matix, then Hawken. Usually I have Hawken do things first because he is a good leader and less nervous about new things, but for this, Matix did just fine and was even happy about it. They both got fish tattoos, fitting for the Seaquarium, I think.
Then we went around doing lots of other, less Easter-y, more fish-y, activities, like peeking for dolphins in the tank. Sadly, this is the only picture I have of the 3 boys together. Left to right is Hawken, Andrew, and Matix. Andrew and Hawken are wanderers, although I think Andrew has Hawken beat, as far as curiosity goes... but they were usually wandering in different directions, which means, far fewer pictures than I usually get.

We also went to some shows. First it was the top deck dolphin show, then the flipper show. The boys danced to the music and clapped and cheered at every trick. I love watching them enjoy themselves. Such a fun day.

4 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

I love the boys' little hats--so cute! And I think I spied a little baby bump on you in the pic while you are standing by the stroller--YAY! When do you guys find out what you are having???

Josh and Kelly said...

LOVE the hats, and the pic of Hawken cheering at the show

Mom said...

What a great activity!

The Fredericks said...

the sleeping baby and all of these Easter activities delight me!