Saturday, April 16, 2011

good bye to Laurel

In the evenings after the boys went down, Paul stayed home while Laurel and I went out. One night we went to see the movie Red Riding Hood. Laurel and I used to see TONS of movies together when we were roommates, so it was fun doing that again with her. We ate tons of popcorn and candy too, which is a must for me at the movies. :) I always have a blast with Laurel.

The last morning Laurel was here we met up with her at a playground on her way out of town. She flew in through Fort Lauderdale, so she had to drive back up that way before she flew back to Denver. Matix was very busy playing on this fun new playground.

Hawken played peek-a-boo with us and tried to get in on the conversation while we talked and said our good-byes.

When Matix realized that Laurel was leaving, for good, he was SO distraught. He cried and said things like, "I need Laurel!" and "Peas mommy, I go wit Laurel on airpane?". I pulled out my camera to try to catch some of it. This was after he had calmed down a bit, but he was still sad.


After all the crying, both boys passed out on the way home. :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

They're so cute in their matching carseats! Stacy sure got a good deal on those!

The Fredericks said...

what a fun time- the movie didn't show up- angry I love showing Emmy the "real Matix" -ps was the movie good?

Ray, Star, Tanner, and Connor said...

Looks like a great park! Matix looked so sad in the video. I'm sure they were tired!