Matix had a fundraiser at his school to get new playground equipment. The kids were allowed to run up to 35 laps, or however many they got to in an hour. The laps were smaller than a regular lap, but still big enough that I was pretty sure Matix (and most of the others) wouldn't make it to 35. Here are all the participating 1st graders. Matix is right behind the girl in front who is waving. See him?
His small cheering section (Lullaby, Solace, and I) were all ready to go! We had noise makers and cheered for him on each lap!
He just kept running and running and running… I was so impressed!
They made it really fun for the kids, and they would announce "This is the run-with-a-friend-lap!" so all the kids would hold hands with a friend, or "This is the tip-toe-lap" so everyone stopped running and tiptoed. It was really fun and silly and just right for his age. At the end of each lap, they would have this row of volunteers mark off another lap on their chart sticker stuck to their backs.
Then, he walked over to me and said, "They told me I was done?!" He thought he was in trouble, but he had finished ALL 35 laps!! There was still some time left, so we got to hang out with him for a bit. He did such a good job!
His friend Shahmeer finished fast too. His mom and I were standing together cheering for them too.
So proud of this sweet boy. He's such a hard worker and always surpasses my expectations! Thank you to Grandma Kim and Grandpa Louie, Grandpa Chuck, Grandma Stacy and Papa Lee, Hawken, and Auntie Jolie for the support (Paul and I sponsored his run too)! We all sponsored him (either per lap or a flat rate) and Matix was able to raise over $300 for his school's new playground.






2 comments:
Great socks! Makes it easy to find him. Also, we got the thank you from the school ...they made a HUGE amount of money!
WOW! Way to go Matix! I'm so proud of you. Your Daddy used to run races too. I loved to watch him run and I hope I will get to see you run a race sometime. Good job helping your school too. :)
Post a Comment