Meet Sammy the Monkey. The sweetest little monkey EVER. Not that I know any other monkeys this personally, but I just know he's the sweetest. We met him on one of our adventures in the jungle. He was a sort of pet, and on a leash that initially made me feel sad for him. They took really good care of him though and I know he was happy. Plus, they let me touch him! He was a thief though, so they told us not to have anything in our hands or on our persons that was loose. He would sit near us, and point to an area of his back or arms that he wanted me to scratch, then I would and he would then point to another area. So funny!
When he sat down, he was the size of a large cat, but when he stood up on those LONG legs of his, he was taller than Solace is. Also the underneath side of his tail didn't have any fur and was tough like the palms of his hands. I didn't know that about monkeys!
Seriously. I could have kept him. I love him!
Then Sammy noticed the braids on my head and tried to pull me closer so he could steal them. He tricked me by using his feet to hold my hands, while his tail and other hand worded on stealing those bright orange rope looking things I kept on my head. Ha ha! It was so shocking and funny!
So I unbraided my hair and then he sat back down and pointed to where I should scratch and didn't try to steal anything else of mine. I love that Sammy!









3 comments:
You have always had such a way with animals! I'm surprised you didn't find some way to bring him home with you! Haha!
He is a cute monkey. I'm sure he was loving the attention. Paul got some great shots, I love some of your expressions. So did Paul touch the monkey? You never mentioned that.
I wish I could have taken him home! If we had driven I would've thought more seriously about it. :) And Paul did touch him a little, that's his hand in the picture with Sammy's tail wrapped around his finger. Paul wasn't as excited about Sammy as I was. He mostly just laughed and took pictures. :)
Post a Comment