Hawken's birthday party was Power Rangers themed and he started decorating for it when he got home from school the day before… Which was WAY too much time for this easy party.
In the morning we set up the movie table. Hawken decided that he wanted to WATCH the Power Rangers movie with his friends, so I found the old 1995 Power Rangers movie on HBO GO and set it up. We got the big movie boxes of candy from Target, and had salty popcorn on one side and sweet kettle corn on the other. We didn't put out the popcorn until RIGHT when the friends got there.
Then we had some time to kill, so we went to Chick-Fil-A for some lunch, per the birthday boy's request.
Then after a quick nap, Daddy got home, and the party was ready for friends!
When the friends arrived, they played for a bit until everyone was there. All the kids picked out their favorite treat and popcorn and found a seat.
I wasn't sure how it would go with that OLD movie, and THAT many kids, but it turned out to be the easiest and best party ever. The kids were totally content to watch the show and eat their large boxes of treats.
After a while, some of the kids wandered away and played outside, or upstairs in the playroom. I had set up a coloring station with pages of Power Rangers for the kids to color.
Ashlie did tattoos for the kids who wanted them. Thanks Ash!
Then it was time to sing happy birthday! It was a LOUD group with all those kids.
Hawken was completely spoiled by his friends and got some very thoughtful gifts. Thanks to EVERYONE! That was about at the end of the party, so the kids opened up a couple presents to play with while the parents began to show up.
Since Laurel was there, I actually got to be in a couple pictures. :) We sure love this sweet birthday boy!
After everyone left, Ashlie volunteered to watch our kids (plus her two little brothers) to get a babysitting reference from me. Sounded good! So Laurel and Paul and I left, and she got them food, and in jammies and ready for bed while we went out for dinner. It was SUCH a fun day for everyone! Here is Sully cuddled up with Caleb, he's such a nice boy. Video from the party to come! :)















4 comments:
I just cannot believe he is SIX!! What a great party!! Did everyone from his class come?!
No, shockingly, there are only 5 kids from his class…
WOW!!
What a fun idea. I love the treat idea you did.
Post a Comment